I love this time of year in the garden! Most of the ‘heavy lifting’ … the tilling and the planting and the weeding …. has already been done! We are beginning to feast on the first edible pleasures of the season and enjoy the calm before the processing storm swings into full gear!
One of the loveliest bits about Nova Scotia is that there is always something to do every weekend in the summer in every corner of the province. It really is just frosting on the cake that so much of this fun does double duty by helping the animal rescues and shelters too!
If you are out and about this weekend:
- Don’t forget that the Kwik Kopy BBQ’s for NS Lab Rescue are still happening every Friday Afternoon!
- on Saturday ( July 14th) Second Chance Charity for Animals and TAPA Cat Rescue are holding their famous Giant Book and Music Sale (see poster below for details)
- On Sunday, ( July 15th) , East Coast German Shepherd Rescue are holding their Monthly Dog Walk … which is a fun way to support their rescue AND get a ‘sneak preview’ of their adorable adoptables
- On Sunday, Atlantic Small Dog Rescue are hosting a Puppy Seminar
- On Sunday, Starfish Cat Rescue is having a Yard Sale …. see poster below for details
- If you live in the Shelburne area, on Sunday PET Projects are holding their First Annual Fun Run /Walk
- PS … if you want to beat the summer heat and stay by the pool …. you can always have fun browsing the online Auctions for Atlantic Canada Rescue too 🙂